Ambient Spaces Collection
Room tones & impulse responses with detailed documentation
The Ambient Spaces Collection by Sound Librarian is a unique approach to ambience sound effects libraries.
Sound Librarian (Stephan Schütze) gained access to some incredible, historically significant spaces to capture a variety of ambient environment recordings including room tones, and impulse responses.
The included "Pick-a-Space" PDF provides details on each space recorded to assist production teams in selecting the most suitable sounds for their projects. Each entry includes:
- Image of the recorded space
- Dimensions of the recorded space
- Filename of the corresponding recording
Each ambience recording is approximately 5 minutes long and was captured at 24-bit/96kHz with a quad array of DPA 4023 microphones routed into a Sound Devices 788ST SSD. Each recorded space also includes an impulse response recording generated by firing a started pistol in the recording space, also captured in 4-channel surround.
- 147 room tones (50GB) + 143 impulse responses (288MB)
- 143 different rooms, 4 locations
- 4-channel surround
- 24-bit/96kHz broadcast .wav files
- "Pick-a-Space" PDF
- Download or USB flash drive (+$40)