Immersive urban ambiences with "virtual microphone" software
Chicago Ambisonics is a library of B-format city ambiences with "virtual microphone" software.
Included software allows users to tweak perspective in real time for greater control and creativity. The Ambisonics format offers versatile use of the library, as the recordings can be decoded to mono, stereo, 5.1, 7.1 and beyond. The creative possibilities are endless!
Featuring 35 high-quality urban ambiences (over 3 hours total), Chicago Ambisonics includes SurroundZone2 software by TSL Products that allows you to point “virtual microphones” any direction with a wide range of polar patterns. Unparalleled flexibility lets users match backgrounds with the specific setting of any scene.
Like all of our exclusive specialty libraries, Chicago Ambisonics is included in the Pro Sound Effects Master Library.
With more productions filming in Chicago than ever before, a Chicago sound effects library is an asset for any sound editor. Chicago Ambisonics features 24-bit/96 kHz city atmospheres captured all over Chicago including recordings from from Magnificent Mile, Chinatown, the L Train, West Loop, Kennedy Expressway, O'Hare International Airport, Lake View, & Wrigley Field.
This library is also perfect for use in 3D Audio applications including VR experiences and 360º video - prepare your sound effects library for the future of immersive media! Pre-rendered stereo versions of all of the recordings are included as well.
- 35 pristine recordings in B-Format & Stereo (14GB)
- View PDF tracklisting
- Over 3 hours of immersive Chicago ambiences
- Average recording length of 6 minutes
- Diverse Chicago atmospheres: Including streets, parks, & subways
- 24-bit/96kHz broadcast .wav files: Download or flash drive delivery (+$40)
- SurroundZone2 software by TSL Products: Gives you full control over “virtual microphone” position and polar patterns
- 100% Royalty-Free
Try it out for free!
Download the Free Sampler by selecting the corresponding radio button above. It includes:
- 2 full ambiences (778MB) in B-Format & Stereo
- SurroundZone2 software
- Your DAW must support Quad (4-channel) tracks in order to use SurroundZone2 plug-in.
- This library downloads as a multi-part split zip file (.zip.001, .zip.002, etc.). For info on how to unzip, please see our Split Zip Info page.
- This library can also be delivered on 64GB flash drive (additional $40 + shipping).