Cinematic Winds: Volume 2
Instill your projects with the powerful force of expressive wind sound effects.
77 sounds7.48 GB24bit/48kHz,96kHz,192kHz
Create with the dynamic energy of wind. As one of the most challenging subjects to record, wind sounds also inspire a range of creative and practical uses on projects of all types. That’s why we’re proud to present Cinematic Winds: Volume 2 – the exclusive followup to our most popular specialty library, Cinematic Winds.
Like its predecessor, much of this wind sound effects library is curated from legendary film sound designers Ann Kroeber and Alan Splet – both well known for their work with David Lynch and more. Volume 2 expands on this with even more moody, colorful wind recordings from Academy Award®-winning sound artist Richard King (Dunkirk, Inception) plus recordist/sound designer Colin Lechner (Raconteur Sound).
These sounds are full of character – from light breezes and swirling heavy gusts, to carefully-crafted whistling wisps and ghostly roaring swells. Capture the emotive power of wind as it rustles through leaves and howls through windows – ideal for inducing subconscious emotion, imposing a powerful presence, or creating both earthy and surreal soundscapes.
Descriptive embedded metadata helps you find exactly the sound you need with practical, literal interpretations as well as emotional impressions of the sound effects. The wind sounds are grouped into five categories:
- Moody Winds: Tonal, eerie, mournful, lonely
- Interior Winds: Resonant staircases, barns, caves, pipes
- Nature Winds: Through trees, over mountains, water, sand
- Wild Winds: Gusting, whipping, whooshing, swirling
- Storm Winds: Intense, howling, rumbling, shrieking
- 77 sound effects (7.48GB)
- Over 3 hours of powerful wind recordings
- Average file length: 2 minutes 30 seconds
- View PDF Sound List
- 24bit/48k, 24bit/96k, 24bit/192k broadcast .wav files
- Descriptive embedded metadata
- 100% Royalty-Free
Ann Kroeber, Alan Splet, Richard King, Colin Lechner
Stories & Reviews:
Video courtesy of Michael Coleman & Ann Kroeber
“Because of his good ears and his technical ability, [Alan Splet] would record things that had maximum power…He recorded these beautiful winds, and they are just beautiful. They just make you soar out.”
– David Lynch (Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Elephant Man, Twin Peaks)
“Ann Kroeber has a unique ability to provide one-of-a-kind sound effects. Both as a recordist, and as the knowledgeable gatekeeper of a vast, renowned library, Ann has given me great sounds that lead to great ideas.”
– Gary Rydstrom (Winner of 7 Academy Awards in sound)